30 Mar 2012

No reason to give up

Just this morning I had a sudden rush of blogging about the thing that's currently bothering me, unfortunately as time passes by that momentum decreases proportionally with my body energy. However, I am still going to type out as much as I can tonight and share with you the thing, probably things, that's currently bothering me.

Here we go. Kids now adays are too pampered. They give up easily and they would rather spend their time socializing on the ever so growing social networks and media that we currently have. Bare in mind I am talking about some kids and NOT all kids. I don't get how they are so good at dressing up, putting on make up or playing games and going on facebook, twitter or instagram, but can't do simple algebraic problems. By the end of the day, who gets blamed by their parents? Their teachers. I mean where is the sense in that? And I don't get how parents would just let their kids give up on something, in this case a subject, just because they think it's too hard for them to handle. I mean, seriously. Also, I hate the fact that these kids would actually give up without even trying hard. I mean, there is no such thing as impossible if you actually try hard enough and really put your mind into it. It really frustrates me to hear a student quitting tuition when I know that they are really in need of intensive tutorial and the fact that their parents let them, it's an abysmal form of parenting! Sigh. I can no longer tell whether these parents actually know where their kids stand in school. Do they even know or do they even have time to teach their kids at home? Do they even care?At one point or another, you still have to teach or maybe check on your kid's progress and what not with their school stuff. Parents should know to not literally rely on tuition teachers to make their kids be outstanding. Parents should know that they too play a big role on their kids school life. Not that I am asking the parents to literally teach their kids, maybe just make them practice the exercises that was given to them during their tuition classes would actually be sufficient. Not only that, I believe a motivation from the parents is crucial too. We teachers are not asking too much from students and parents honestly. We just want your (parents) kids to be smarter than she or he already is and a tiny helping hand would do. Sigh.


I shall continue this post tomorrow, or perhaps soon enough.

Eyes too sleepy. Goodnight you.



No comments:

Post a Comment