15 Jan 2010

a lil scribble

Hey, it’s my second post for the year. Not too bad. Still holding on tight. Hehe. I still can’t get over the fact that I don’t have my phone. =( I’m like , “Maybe I can call-oh wait the minute I don’t have a phone” and sometimes I go like, “Let’s take pictures of-oh wait the minute, no PHONE.” *Erghhh* I’m starting to get really pissed and ANNOYED.*now I’m getting sad*

So anyway, my plan today is to maybe finish off my project that has been pending since last year. Ok that sounds a lil’ dramatic. Let me elaborate. I was given an assignment. LAST YEAR. DECEMBER. And I’m still stuck on the same question. I remember my brother was like saying, “eh, you’re still here??”. Easy for him to say. The thing that I’m supposed to do is just a lil’ tiny tinnie way above my everyday intelligence capability. So it’s taking me awhile. It shouldn’t be hard according to my lecturer ( DR Hoque). Again, easy for him to say.*making a face*

Let me tell you what my project is all about. It is math related ofcourse. And also, economics related. The economics behind the material is easy to comprehend. It’s the math that’s giving me a HARD time.

Ok so, let me start from scratch. Since it’s our final year in the university, we are all given a project to work on. Which is related to our course. In my case, I’m a math major. So math is what I have to get my ass to work on. We have to finish the project by the end of this semester most prolly around APRIL. I can do math. Provided I have a comrade to work with. I’ll be at my worst if I have to start working alone. “Why not ask your lecturer to help you?” you may ask. Ok, here’s the thing I have DR HOQUE as my supervisor. For those who has had him as a lecturer would understand my problem. (he has an accent). I won’t elaborate more. Since this is a public blog.

So anyway, I’m reviewing a paper that talks about consignment stock policy.

A lil’ description of the CONSIGNMENT STOCK POLICY:

“Stock control in Supply Chain management is of concern here, particularly an
industrial practice observed in the automotive manufacturing context and defined
as ‘Consignment Stock’ (CS). To understand the potentiality of CS policy, an
analytical modelling is offered that refers to the problem of a single-vendor and
single-buyer productive situation. A comparison with the optimal solution available
in the literature is also shown. The conclusion proposes a method that is
useful in identifying those productive situations where CS might be implemented
successfully. Results show how CS policy might be a strategic and profitable
approach to stock management in uncertain environments, i.e. where delivery
lead times or market demand vary over time.”

Few graphs are given and of course equations. My job is to derive the equation by referring to the graph.

So yea. Have to start working after this. Like really really hard. This is because I have to see DR Hoque tomorrow and show him my progress.

Moving on to another topic. Too bad what I have in mind is gonnabe about school again. Hehe. I’m no goody goody. But school is pretty much what’s going on right now.

I would like to complain about how much work I already have that is pending. And it’s only the first week of school. And mind you the week is NOT over yet.

I have:
1. Numerical Analysis ex. to do.
2. Non-Linear programming ex. to do.
3. An essay about quantum mechanics to compose. To be handed on the 13th of feb
4. A poster to set up. Related to Thermal Mass.

*I have a feeling I might have missed some stuff* but nevermind. That is a lot enough.

Better start workin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment